45 E. 66th St.
Completed in 1908, this building was originally called Parkview as it afforded a commanding view of Central Park. Located on the corner of 66th St. and Madison Ave., it loomed over the rest of the low scale row houses that existed on the block.
This building ushered in a new style of living on the Upper East Side, with 13-room apartments and accommodations for staff. Rather than residing in single family detached homes, fashionable New Yorkers of the time lived high above the dust and noise of the street level.
It was landmarked by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission in 1977.